This project is read-only.

Issues in chain two flexboxes

Mar 27, 2009 at 10:35 PM
I am trying to create two flexboxes in one page. When the user type and select one item from the left side flexbox, the right side flexbox will get the id and receive the data from database accoding to this id.  I need both selected name and id from the right and left side Please see my codes below:
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
    $('#parent_metadata').flexbox('DataListKeywordType.aspx', {
        width: 250,
        onSelect: function() {
        $('#fb_MetadataType').val(this.value);
        $.getJSON('DataListKeywordValue.aspx', { id: this.getAttribute('hiddenValue') }, function(data) {
        $('#child_metadata').flexbox(data);
        $('#fb_MetadataValue').val(this.value);  
            });  
        }  
    });
}); 

HTML:
<div id="parent_metadata"></div><div id="child_metadata">
    <input type="hidden" id="fb_MetadataType" name="fb_MetadataType" />
    <input type="hidden" id="fb_MetadataValue" name="fb_MetadataValue" />

Problem 1: It creates a new flexbox each time when I selected one item from the left side flexbox. If I selecte three times from the left side flexbox, there are three flexboxes are created on the right side. Acctually, I just need one flexbox on the right side.
Problem 2: The dropdown list always show up below the left side flexbox even if I selecte the item from the right side flexbox. Is there any configuration that I can set to define the dropdown list position on the screen?
Problem 3: I can pass through the id to the right side flexbox. But the right side flexbox cannot get the 'size' and 'page' from the URL. How can I get 'P' and 'S' for the right side flexbox?

Thanks a lot