Guid as value

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM
I am using the JavaScriptSerializer from System.Web.Script.Serialization to serialize a KeyValuePair list. The keys are Guids and the values are string. I can see exactly the json string in the http response as in the demos. But the list simply does not display. I am using jquery 1.3. Any ideas? Any reason why it shouldn't bind to Guids as keys? These have been specified in the display and hidden value options in the flexbox call. Thanks for the effort.
Apr 4, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Got it. From the KeyValue pair the displayValue is 'Value' and hiddenValue is 'Key'; so a resultTemplate had to be supplied instead of the default one.
resultTemplate: '{Value}'. Besides, clear every thing out from the response other than the json data.

Wondering if we could change this to getting json data directly from a page method.

looks very promising, thanks.
Apr 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Okay, found example 10 for json data. Still trying to figure out how to close the dropdown without having to click on the arrow again; this is probably a showstopper right now.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Thanks for your interest... as far as closing the dropdown without having to click the arrow, I am also seeing that problem intermittently.  For me, the dropdown closes when the FlexBox loses focus (which is the intended behavior) almost all the time in IE, but not nearly as often in Firefox.  I will take a look at the event model to see if I can intercept the event more globally, without impacting other event handling within the page.  Not sure how soon I will be able to address this, so please let me know your timeline.

Thanks,
Noah