duplicate suggestions

Apr 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Hi, I'm trying to leverage flexbox in twittbook.com (still in alpha)
When I'm typing fast, I get duplicate results.
for example if I type thomson, I can see that the typeahead ajax calls have had the time to match 3 times against my typing: thoms, thomso and thomson and I get all three suggestions in the suggestion list.
Is there any way to fix that behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Candide

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Candide,

The only way without changes to underlying code is to mess with these two configuration options:

queryDelay : number (default = 200)

The number of milliseconds to wait before the query is executed (after the user clicks or types in the FlexBox).
Note: if this number is reduced, backspacing on highlighted matches in the input box may not work as expected.

minChars : number (default = 1)

The minimum number of characters the user must enter before a search is executed. Note that if showArrow = true, and arrowQuery = '', the user can click the arrow to view results (without typing any characters). Zero (0) is an invalid option for this property.

Hope that helps,

Noah

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:10 PM
To: Noah Heldman
Subject: duplicate suggestions [flexbox:53578]

Hi, I'm trying to leverage flexbox in twittbook.com (still in alpha)
When I'm typing fast, I get duplicate results.
for example if I type thomson, I can see that the typeahead ajax calls have had the time to match 3 times against my typing: thoms, thomso and thomson and I get all three suggestions in the suggestion list.
Is there any way to fix that behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Candide

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Thanks - that does help as a workaround; however, I don't see why it would be that difficult to reset the list with the latest suggestions coming from the server (those should probably have a timestamp then)

regards,

Candide