This project is read-only.

dynamically change ajax url or parameter

May 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Hello,
I'd like to know whether it is possible in current flexbox implementation.

I would like to change the either ajax url or add parameter key/value dynamically.
Use case is:
- there is a category redio box (Book/Movie/Electronics...)
- based on the selected value, I want to change the input box candidates

In order to do that, I need to pass a parameter (type=book) to serverside to retrieve appropriate json objects.
If I can dynamically change the request url ( ajax-books.php, ajax-movies.php ) or add parameter ( ajax.php?type=book, ajax.php?type=movie), it's really nice.

Otherwise, I may need to create multiple input boxes (input_book, input_movie,...) and show/hide them based on the user's category selection.

Thanks in advance

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:21 AM

I have a similar situation. I retrieve more info in the JSON object, not only the id or the name, but other values. And, since this values are coming from diferent tables y can't use the id to query them. So, y need to access the other parameters.

An example of JSON object I'm retrieving would be:

{"results":[{"id":"3","name":"Corporate Profile","uri":"corporate-profile"},{"id":"5","name":"corporate profile 2","uri":"corporate-profile-2"}],"total":"2"}

I need to access the values of "uri".

Is this possible? how?

Thanks in advance!!
Aug 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi guys,

any news about this issue?

i also need to changes the ajax url, but so far all i tryied todo isn't working, any help will be welcome.

Thanks,

João Matos

PS: btw the flexbox is a really great control, thank you for creating it.