Dropdown list does not stay when arrow clicked in IE7 & IE8

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I like the FlexBox and want to use it in my application. I played with the demos for a while in the demo page and encountered problem with the dropdown list. I am not sure if this a problem in my browser or it can be fixed in the code?

This problem can be reproduced by this way: in the demo page http://www.fairwaytech.com/flexbox/flexbox-demos.aspx#demo1 , click anywhere outside any FlexBox in the page, then click the textbox of demo 1, then click the arrow of the dropdown list and the dropdown list shows. Repeat the 3 clicks several times, sometimes after clicking the arrow of the dropdown list, the dropdown list flashes but does not stay. Continue the clicks, sometimes the dropdown list stays but sometime not. I am using IE 7 & IE 8. I am not sure if this is caused by my browser settings or it can be fixed in the code?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I was able to reproduce this, but it was tricky (and of course, intermittent...our favorite kind of bug).  I will look into a fix this afternoon.

Thanks!

Noah

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. Hopefully it's not too difficult to fix so that I can use it soon.

Regards.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Hi Noah,

How is it going with this issue?

Thanks.

Benjamin

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Hi Benjamin,

I’m working on it right now! I had to prioritize some other client work, but I’ll see what I can get working.

Thanks,

Noah

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:09 AM
To: Noah Heldman
Subject: Re: Dropdown list does not stay when arrow clicked in IE7 & IE8 [flexbox:229585]

Hi Noah,

How is it going with this issue?

Thanks.

Benjamin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hi Noah,

I understood. Thanks a lot for your helps.

Best regards.

Benjamin

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Benjamin,

Please download the latest version of FlexBox (0.9.4) to see if it resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Noah

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:13 PM
To: Noah Heldman
Subject: Re: Dropdown list does not stay when arrow clicked in IE7 & IE8 [flexbox:229585]

Hi Noah,

I understood. Thanks a lot for your helps.

Best regards.

Benjamin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email flexbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Hi Noah,

It seems it still happens but it happens less often. I downlowded the package with code and document and played with the demos fom there. I also see this when playing with the online demos. Would you mind to check it again?

Thanks.

Benjamin