jQuery "Validation" and "Flexbox"

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Im using the jQuery validation plugin (http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-validation) and would like to use Flexbox for my JSON based drop downs. The drop downs now work well, but the Validation plugin doesnt look at DIVs, only regular form objects.

Has anyone managed to get this working? Help much appreciated.

Sam

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM

--EDIT - I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM --

Ignore this. Just realised that the combo boxes do not need to be <div> based, they can be <input>....!

Following the examples a bit too closely!

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM

No, dont ignore this!! Im getting errors with CSS when the page loads. Any help much appreciated.

This is the error (javascript alert)...

A(document.createElement("div")).attr("id", g.attr("id") + "_ctr").css("width", E.outerWidth() + b - 2 + "px").css is not a function

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Did you happen to resolve this? I'm getting the same javascript alert error but in a different scenerio. if you have resolved this issue can you please tell me what steps were taken?

thanks

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM

No I didnt. For now I have used something else, which isnt really what I needed. Will come back to it if I have time.

Im just using jquery.select.js for the time being, which is a way of loading json data in to standard SELECT boxes.